Terms & Conditions of Entry
Ellesmere Pony Club 59th Annual Show Saturday November 9th, 2019. Classes start at 9am.
Ellesmere A & P Showgrounds, Leeston. Gates open at 7am.
Closing date for Entries, 9am Saturday 2nd November 2019. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Entry fees - $4.00 per class, $10.00 levy which includes Area and CHCH PC Levys, Ground Fee and First Aid. All fees MUST be paid at the time of entry. If you do not receive an email with confirmation, your entry has not been processed. Please contact email@example.com for more information on this.
• Horses and Ponies are not eligible for both hack and pony rings or showing and Pony Club Rings.
• Novice Entrants are ones that have not won more than the number of firsts, against all breeds specified in the schedule before the closing date of entries. Snaffle bits must be worn in all Novice classes.
• Novice Horses and Ponies may enter Open classes.
• Plaiting optional.
• Lead Rein and First Ridden classes may only be shown in snaffle bits.
• The Show Committee reserve the right to alter, delete or combine any classes as they see is the most beneficial for the show.
• Age of riders is at the date of the show.
• Only Mares and Geldings may compete, no stallions or colts are eligible.
• Ellesmere Pony Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any competitor.
• Programs will be available on the day at $2.00 each, please indicate on your entry whether this is required. They will also be available to download.
• Refunds, 75% may be refunded on presentation of a vet's or doctor's certificate within seven (7) days from date of show, postal date must reflect this.
Show day information:
RED TAGGED HELMETS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL RIDERS WHEN MOUNTED. NO RED TAG - NO ENTRY INTO THE RING.
• All competitors ride at their own risk. Ellesmere Pony Club committee and members, and Ellesmere A & P Association accept no responsibility for injury, loss or damage to property, horse or pony, rider or spectator. Please abide by all signage and keep the main gate closed at all times.
• The CAPC yellow report sheet will be in use at this event, to report abuse of any horse, rider or official.
• Ellesmere Pony Club follows the NZPC doping policy for horses and riders.
• Protests must be presented to the office and accompanied by a deposit of $40, refundable if the protest is sustained and submitted no later than half an hour after the incident that gave rise to the protest.
• Ellesmere Pony Club ensure all cups and trophies are in perfect condition when presented to winners, all winners are therefore responsible for any repairs to cups/trophies that are needed while in their care. If returned damaged, the cost of repair will be invoiced to person involved. All trophy winners will be required to sign for their trophies upon collection, these will be located at the office.
• Ellesmere Pony Club Numbers to be used. Back Numbers not returned will be charged at $20 each.
• Ribbons to 6th place will be awarded in all classes; any equal placings awarded at the Judge's discretion.
• Transfers or substitutions on the day without vet or doctors’ certificate will be deemed a new entry. A late fee of $5.00 per class plus a $10.00 per horse administration fee.
• All Non Pony Club Members must fill out an NZPCA Agreement Form for Casual Members.
ELLESMERE A & P SHOWGROUNDS IS A FARM, NO DOGS ARE PERMITTED ON THE GROUNDS, EITHER IN A VEHICLE OR ON OR OFF A LEAD.
Please respect this. Failure to comply will result in instant disqualification with no refund OR you will be asked to remove your vehicle, float, horse/pony and dog and park outside the grounds.
HOT FOOD & DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE