Palmerston & Waihemo A&P Assn., founded in 1865.
The Show is held at 31 Gilligan Street, Palmerston.
The show ground, a man-made amphitheater, is renowned for its scenic outlook and viewing terraces.
Our show is recognised for being family-friendly, with free entry for children under 13 years, and some free children’s entertainment.
NEW IN 2020:
- On Saturday 8th February Eastern Agri Fun Event: test your knowledge, skill, and identification of various farming-related items.
- On Sunday 9th February the Car Show will feature Classic, Hot Rods, American, really any car that you are proud to show. Entry forms at firstname.lastname@example.org or enter on showday.
- Equestrian Starts on Friday 29th January with Show Jumping and non RAS events
- Main Show on Saturday 30th January HOY RAS showing classes and Working and Hunter Sections
- Trophies for ridden and Led Turnout will go to the highest placed in" Smartest On Parade" event
The Garden and Gallery will not run this year because the hall is not available to be used
The equestrian schedule caters for riders and mounts at various skills and experience. The Show offers a full range of prize money and ribbons, rosettes, sashes, trophies, and special prize garlands.
Livestock sections include beef cattle, calves, sheep, fleece, gift lamb, alpaca, llama, and donkeys. Cards, trophies, sashes, and prizes can be won. The Gift Lamb section contributes to our fund-raising.
All the usual HOY qualifying sections are run. Both “Smartest on Parade” and the equestrian “Champion of Champions” have a trophy and a garland to be won.
New equestrian events in 2020 include a Led Golden Horse and Pinto section, also a Led Sport Horse are still been run in 2021
New in 2019, Miniature Hunter Jumps and Trail for a Performance Horse,
Also new in 2019 were RAS Livamol Thoroughbred Show Horse; HOY Rider classes (adult and junior); Are now part of the schedule.
Show Jumps for Horse and Pony and Unity Trophies will be run on Friday 29th Jan Performance Sash for Miniatures